top of page

FAQ - Frequently ask questions

If you can't find the answer to your question, we invite you to contact us.

My relative lives either in Dorval, Lachine, LaSalle, Verdun or in the Southwest, but I don't. Can I benefit from your services?

Our services are available to any caregiver living in Dorval, Lachine, LaSalle, Verdun and the South-West (Côte-St-Paul-Ville-Émard, Saint-Henri, Little Burgundy, Griffintown, Pointe-Saint-Charles). If you do not live in our service areas, we invite you to contact us and we will be happy to help you find resources near you.


What kind of one-on-one support do you offer?

We provide short and medium-term psychosocial support, distinct from therapy, psychological counseling, or medical care. Our focus is on exploring the challenges caregivers may face in their role and collaborating with them to mitigate the negative impact of these challenges on their daily lives. Please note that we do not offer family or couples counselling.

Do you have accredited social workers on your team?


We do not employ any licensed social workers. ​


Are you connected to the CLSC or the public health network?


We are an independent, self-sustaining non-profit organization. We are not part of the public health care system. However, we maintain a close partnership with the CIUSSS du Centre-sud-de-l'Île-de-Montréal and the CIUSSS de l'Ouest-de-l'Île-de-Montréal. We are also in constant collaboration with other health stakeholders and partner organizations.


Do you offer your meetings at home? 


No, our meetings take place at our offices located in LaSalle (405 - 7475 Newman Blvd., LaSalle). Exceptionally, we can organize a one-off meeting in a place near your home. ​


I need help at home or on the move, can you help me?


The GASO does not have volunteers or workers providing this type of service. However, we can refer you to the appropriate resources.


Do you offer a respite service?


We do not offer any respite services at home or at our offices. However, we are aware of several resources that provide this service. ​


Can you help me get my loved one into a long-term care facility?


We do not have the power to influence the placement process in the public health care system or in the private sector. However, we are aware of several resources of housing advisors, and we can offer you personalized support to discuss them with your local CLSC.  ​

bottom of page